Application availability is the most important success factor for any application. Building scalable applications takes a lot of planning in terms of designing scalable architecture, writing optimized code, developing decoupled applications, and making efficient use of cache.
AWS provides a lot of services to manage visual content like images and videos. Some of the services that are helpful for building scalable social media applications.
AWS gives a lot of services to manage visual content like images and videos. Some of the services that are helpful to build scalable social media applications.
● AWS S3 - To store objects like files, images, and videos etc. S3 offers industry-leading scalability, data availability, security, and performance
● AWS Lambda - Gives the flexibility to execute without the need for a dedicated server. Using the event-driven approach with serverless computing is a great tool to trigger any service or execute a piece of code.
● AWS Elemental MediaConvert - AWS Elemental MediaConvert is a file-based video transcoding service with broadcast-grade features. Create live stream content for broadcast and multi-screen delivery at scale.
● AWS CloudFront - Securely deliver content with low latency and high transfer speeds. Reduce latency by delivering data through 450+ globally dispersed Points of Presence
This is how these services can be used to optimize the content and deliver it faster and with complete reliability.
How does it work?
1. Imagine a user uploading a video to an S3 bucket.
2. AWS Lambda is listening to this S3 bucket. As soon as new content is pushed, it picks up and sends it to the AWS Elemental MediaConvert
3. AWS Elemental MediaConvert converts the video as per the rules defined, optimizes the video, and transforms other required properties to make the video compatible with the application.
4. The AWS Lambda pushes back the optimized video to the S3 bucket, which will be picked up by AWS CloudFront
5. AWS CloudFront then prepares it to deliver faster and with complete consistency.
If you are interested in learning more about the implementation, feel free to contact [email protected]
Our team has a lot of experience building and delivering end-to-end social media applications. We are happy to help.
Speak With Expert Engineers